Product Fact Sheet from Resource Advisors
NetDocuments – NetDocuments Software, Inc. – Orem, UT
Content management service allows organizations of all sizes to reduce costs and increase security, mobility, compliance, and disaster recovery for content from anywhere and on any device. NetDocuments effectively service its global community spread across 140 countries. With anytime, anywhere access, firms can increase productivity and improve the client experience through a comprehensive governance cloud platform.
Time in Industry
Founded in 1999
Office 365, Gmail and hundreds of other applications, on premise and in the cloud.
Professional migrations from desktop/server folder structure and most other DMS systems.
Schedule a product walk-through or purchase NetDocuments through Resource Advisors and receive special pricing discounts and helpful guidance to make your transition to NetDocuments seamless. Terms and conditions apply. Book a Free Consult or Contact.
Streamline and simplify the process of safely creating, editing, saving, and versioning all of the documents that power your employees and organization. In NetDocuments you can easily create, view, edit, and share documents on any desktop or mobile device without having to worry that your data is at risk. We also provide advanced, built-in tools and safeguards—like ndThread and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) —to help you collaborate on complex documents inside and outside of your firm.
With advanced versioning features, you can avoid confusion when reviewing and editing documents. With NetDocuments advanced version control, you can create major versions of documents for external review (e.g. v1, v2, v3, etc.), and leverage minor versions of the document (e.g. v1.1, v1.2, v1.3, etc.) when small adjustments are being made across multiple users for seamless internal collaboration.
Product Video Tour
Review of NetDocuments by Legal Tech Media Group
How Resource Advisors Can Help?
- In demos and planning meetings we ask the right questions and weigh system capabilities with requirements that are unique to you.
- We review your existing document structure and document counts for an accurate migration estimate.
- We evaluate your existing document management, delivery process, and more.
- We help you develop security profiles for document cabinets, users, and departments within your firm.
- We facilitate all data conversion from prior systems with one of our product experts.
- We provide detail timelines and expectations of how data will convert, while minimizing interruptions as the system is brought live.
- We provide targeted group training for various departments in your firm, to make sure everyone can use the system to its fullest capability.
Net Documents - Highlights
- Manage, Share, and Collaborate in One Centralized Location: Streamline and simplify the process of safely creating, editing, saving, and versioning all of the documents that power your employees and organization.
- Access Anything, Anywhere, Any time: Gain secure anytime, anywhere access to all of your stored documents and emails from any device. Work on your documents from home or on-the-go with the same experience you get in the office using the NetDocuments document management web interface, Android and iOS mobile applications, or the NetDocuments ndSync feature.
- Workspaces Designed for You: Access workspaces—built around matters and projects—that support and enable your existing legal workflows. Share files internally and externally from one system while maintaining all the rules, governance, and retention policies needed to ensure adherence to policy.
- Search Efficiently: Take advantage of advanced search capabilities that leverage custom metadata to make documents easier to locate and use. NetDocuments houses a powerful enterprise search engine that enables users to quickly reference or retrieve content as required. Time previously spent trying to locate relevant content can now be utilized for perfecting the overall client experience. And with Dynamic Attributes, you will relieve the monotony of categorizing metadata of hundreds – if not thousands – of documents by only showing relevant metadata fields to the user, reducing the need to scroll through endless forms to fill in a handful of fields while simultaneously enhancing your document management system’s search capabilities.
- Integrate with Software You Already Know and Use: Add advanced document management capabilities to the productivity tools and applications you already know and trust. You already live in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel each and every day. Using NetDocuments should be just as simple, seamless, and routine. Net Documents meets you where you work by integrating with key Microsoft and Adobe applications you already access and live in daily. In addition to not interrupting your workflow and habits, you will still get leading security and governance of a true-cloud, best-in-class document management system with military-grade encryption.
NetDocuments Technology & Products
ndMail Take control of your inbox and keep all your communications secure and organized. ndMail uses predictive filing—powered by artificial intelligence—to make your inbox more collaborative and efficient. With ndMail, you can file emails quickly and accurately, see emails that other members of your organization have filed, and dramatically reduce the time you spend organizing and sharing emails—all directly from Microsoft Outlook.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Make your document searches smarter and more efficient by digitizing and indexing content from scanned documents or photos. With NetDocuments OCR, you gain the peace of mind that comes from knowing every search will yield complete results. The system works behind the scenes 24/7 to automatically digitize content, so it becomes a fully integrated, easily searchable piece of your collective knowledge.
ndSync Enable your remote workers with two-way file syncing between NetDocuments content and your users’ local machines.
ndThread Take advantage of secure, real-time chat capabilities that help eliminate inbox clutter and reduce the need for email filing. ndThread is a chat messaging client that’s designed specifically for legal organizations. It provides a secure, governable, and convenient way to chat, share, and comment on files individually or with a group, so you can improve collaboration and reduce email overload.
ChatLink Connect your collaboration tools to improve productivity without sacrificing governance or security. To maintain security and governance, your real-time messaging, collaboration, and document management systems need to be connected. ChatLink provides that connection—by integrating your NetDocuments platform with Microsoft Teams.
CollabSpaces Share and collaborate intuitively, securely, and in a way that brings you and your customers’ worlds closer together. CollabSpaces makes it easy to securely share the content in your NetDocuments system with external users—without transferring it to a third-party file sharing service or extranet. Because CollabSpaces is so intuitive and easy to use, clients and colleagues can access and collaborate on content immediately—without extra time or training. CollabSpaces also lets you invite an unlimited number of external clients and colleagues, so you never have to worry about licensing restrictions.
SetBuilder Quickly organize documents into sets or binders and securely distribute compiled content to everyone who needs it. SetBuilder brings standardized processes, streamlined workflows, and fast service delivery to document compiling and distribution. With SetBuilder, you’ll never spend hours in a closing room physically labeling and compiling printed documents. As a result, organizations that use SetBuilder experience dramatic reductions in the hard costs associated with closings, saving an average of nearly $1,500 per transaction.
SmartView Save time by streamlining your document processes. SmartView simplifies document reviews by making it easy to quickly preview, annotate, and mark up documents without ever needing to download the files to your desktop. With SmartView, you can use Margin Notes to annotate files with your colleagues in real-time —and take advantage of findings to quickly navigate through people, places, companies, and more.
Tasks Manage complex projects and workflows more efficiently. With Tasks, you can build customized workflows within workspaces to track team members’ activities and progress from one convenient location. The information you add to Tasks is fully secured, just like any other file in NetDocuments. You can also perform searches, link to other content, and share Task information with colleagues.
Microsoft Power Automate Automate time-consuming manual processes by adding UI flows and robotic process automation to your NetDocuments solution. The NetDocuments Connector for Power Automate provides access to 58 NetDocuments API calls. This allows Power Automate flows to take actions on the workspaces, folders documents, users, and groups in your NetDocuments repository. With this tool, you can create WorkSpaces and CollabSpaces, add users to a repository, create groups, add to a cabinet, and more.
Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Keep all of your sensitive data and documents safe from unauthorized use. NetDocuments DLP allows you to classify content, create and enforce policies that control user actions, and prevent documents from leaving the security of NetDocuments.
Workspace Security Manager (WSM) Streamline and simplify security policy management. WSM makes it easy for the right people to create, edit, and apply security policies to the content in your workspaces—so you can build and manage ethical walls or need-to-know security environment
FlexStore and FlexStore Pro Manage and control where your content is stored, so it stays closer to the people who need it. FlexStore gives you control over the physical location of your data by facilitating geo-aware content storage through a single, convenient user interface. FlexStore Pro adds near-site content encryption and decryption, so you can accelerate the delivery of secure content to users around the world.
Customer Managed Encryption Keys (CMEK) Fulfill your ethical and professional obligation to protect the information you hold. NetDocuments offers three layers of encryption via three cryptography keys, so you can secure both your documents and the keys that protect those documents. The standard NetDocuments service includes the first two layers of encryption. CMEK adds the third layer, which provides dual-custody control and gives you the ability to apply encryption at the client or matter level.